POSITION TITLE: Office Management / Human Resource
SUPERVISOR: Superintendent of Parks & Recreation
LOCATION: Park District Office
Chicago Heights Park District provides quality recreation programs, facilities, and parks that meet the leisure needs and improve the quality of life for Chicago Heights residents. We promote and maintain community partnerships, and intergovernmental and corporate relationships while providing quality employment opportunities at the Chicago Heights Park District.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Office Manager works under the direction of the Superintendents and is responsible for the operations of the administrative office. This includes, but is not limited to, providing highly responsible, complex, specialized, and technical administrative support for management; providing information and assistance to the public; and coordinating administrative and clerical activities. Full-time non-exempt position working 40 hours per week.
• Manage all office support activities.
• Supervision of professional personnel.
• Screen, recruit, and effectively train job applicants.
• Oversees the guest experience and ensures a personal, friendly experience for all guests.
• Assist managers with complex administrative functions such as upkeep of assigned records, technical support, research, analysis, editing of complex documents, and preparation of correspondence.
• Creates park district-wide forms and other documents using Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other software provided.
• Maintains office efficiency by managing the appearance of common areas, organizing procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment.
• Manages all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (moves, adds, and changes to work stations)and provides answers, resources, and solutions as requested; carries out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office systems.
• Develops and implements office procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
• Provides direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel, mailing, and shipping packages, and updating contact databases and employee lists.
• Coordinate department activities with each other, outside agencies, and stakeholders; respond to complaints and requests for information.
• Analyze current HR initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
• Oversee employee performance and collaborate with management to evaluate underperforming employees.
• Maintain employee records.
• Maintain employee records and update as needed.
• Update company policies and benefits packages.
• Educate employees on benefits and rewards including promotions and educational opportunities.
• Assist management with corrective action, conflict resolutions, and accidents.
• Assists the public by answering the main phone line and responding to requests for information or concerns from the public.
• Assigns work, supervises, trains, disciplines, and evaluates the performance of subordinate staff.
• Leads and actively participates in the planning and execution of District staff events.
• Develops and implements a standard data and records management system for digital and physical files.
• Processes purchase orders, vouchers, invoices, vendor forms, etc. necessary for the receipt and disbursement funds.
• Manage inventory of office supplies and technology and maintains a record of overall park district inventory.
• Ability to communicate effectively using standard business protocols and formats.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Identify and attend to the concerns of employees, guests, and suppliers.
• Assist in managing and coordinating training for new employees, including processing benefits, hiring, terminations, and payroll.
• Maintain and update internal and external job postings.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years of high school-level administrative work is required.
• Preferred 3 years of HR experience, minimum 1 year.
• Two or four years of a college degree in a related area is preferred such as business or administrative management.
• Excellent organizational skills and accuracy in working with details.
• Ability to exemplify the highest ethical standards of professional and personal conduct.
• High degree of confidence with the use of telephone, computer technology, and the internet.
• High degree of competence with the use of computer software for implementing duties, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access).
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, stand, stoop, and sit on office furniture. The employee must occasionally lift to 25 lbs.
• Applicants must be successfully able to pass a drug screen and background check.
• Salary range $35,000-$40,000 based on experience.
The Chicago Heights Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Dr. Shari Demitrowicz @ firstname.lastname@example.org