The Chicago Heights Park District Police Department will be accepting applications for the full-time position of Chief of Police from September 18, 2015 to October 2, 2015 only. The application deadline is October 2, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. For additional details and to apply, please visit our website at www.chparkdistrict.net.
Chicago Heights Park District Offers:
• Salary $41,000;
• Fringe benefits and pension plan;
• Health, dental, and life insurance plans;
• Residency requirement within 6 months of hire.
Perform a variety of administrative, supervisory and professional work in planning, coordinating and directing the activities of the Police Department consisting of 8 part-time police officers. Provide protection to the District’s resources and to the public using the parks district facilities and parks.
The Chicago Heights Park District Board of Commissioners is charged with the appointment of the Police Chief. To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in police science, law enforcement, criminal justice, public administration or a closely related field;
• Certification as a Police Officer by the Illinois Local Government Law Enforcement Officers Training & Standard Board:
• Minimum two years related work experience necessary to gain a full understanding and proficiency in law enforcement, recreation and natural resource management;
• Thorough knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment;
• Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, ordinances, and department rules and regulations;
• A United States Citizen;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to pass defensive driving course;
• CPR/AED and first aid certified;
• Pass a comprehensive pre-employment screening process to include: background investigation, polygraph, psychological and medical examination with drug testing.